A comforting winter chickpea soup.
- 2 medium onions
- 1 teaspoon cumin, dried oregano, paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup of short rice
- 2 Spanish chorizo in pieces
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 4 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (I used 3 cans of 450 grams each)
- oil, salt, and pepper
- Chop the onions into small cubes.
- In a large pot, place 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, heat over medium-high heat. Add the cumin, oregano, and paprika. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped onions, and cook for 5 minutes. Stirring often.
- Add the garlic, the chorizo in pieces, the salt, the bay leaf, and the rice, stir well, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Taste, adjust the seasoning. Serve hot.
Keywords: chickpea soup, chilean cuisine