- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons (40 grams) unsalted butter
- pinch of Merken or chipotle powder
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 package (140 grams) of crumbled Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F or 220C. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water, butter, and a pinch of Merken or chipotle over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add all the flour and stir vigorously until dough forms. Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- While mixing at low speed, add an egg, incorporate it, and then the other egg. It will appear that the dough is broken but continue beating until everything comes together and forms a smooth dough.
- Add the Cotija cheese and parsley. Stir.
- Using a spoon, portion the dough on the tray, leaving 1″ space in between because they grow in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, lower the oven to 375F or 190C, and bake for 25 minutes. It should be very golden. Do not worry; you are not going to burn them.
- Serve warm.
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Cacique® and Latina Bloggers Connect in 2014.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican Cheese Puffs, Cotija Protiroles, Cotija Cheese Puffs