A delicious twist on the beloved rice pudding.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup Minute® White Rice
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (380 grams or 13.4 oz.) of Dulce de Leche (available in Latino markets or the International aisle)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the box, use a cinnamon stick in the cooking water and a pinch of salt.
- In a saucepan place the milk and Dulce de Leche and heat over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the Dulce de Leche.
- Add the cooked rice and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Be careful, when the milk reaches the boiling state it produces a lot of foam. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Wait until you reach the desired thickness. In my case, it took 24 minutes. Add the butter and turn off the heat.
- Remember: it will thicken when cold!
- Serve cold or warm with chocolate sprinkles, raisins or just by itself.
Keywords: rice pudding, dulce de leche rice pudding, dulce de leche