- 2 pounds flank steak
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 bell pepper in thin strips
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 carrot in strips
- 1/4 onion in strips
- salt and pepper
- Boil water in a large pot where the meat will fit.
- Extend the flank steak on a counter, flatten if necessary, and cut tendons or hard areas. If it’s very thick, cut it in half opening it up like a butterfly. Season with salt, pepper, and finely chopped garlic. Spread over the surface.
- At the center of the meat, align the pepper, carrot, and onion strips and the hard-boiled eggs. You will make a roll starting on the longest side.
- Roll into a tight roll. Tie and knot. It’s easier if you use small pieces of string to make individual loops. Ensure that the steak’s edges are tucked inward to keep the filling inside.
- Place the remaining onion and pepper in the boiling water and add salt. Put the flank steak roll in the pot and add more boiling water if necessary. It must be covered entirely in water.
- Cook for one hour, turning once after 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the pot.
- Cut into thin slices and serve cold or warm.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Meat
- Method: Stove-cooked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Chilean Malaya, Flank steak roll