A very delicious and simple dessert.
For the lucuma pudding,
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporate milk
- 2 yolks
- 3/4 cup lucuma puree or 1/4 cup lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the meringue,
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl mix the egg yolks and cornstarch and whisk until thoroughly mixed, about 3 minutes.
- Place the condensed and evaporate milk, and lucuma puree into a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Pour slowly and always whisking with a balloon whisk the egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook over medium-high heat stirring until it boils. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes, always whisking. Place in individual glasses and leave to cool before putting the meringue.
- For the meringue, in a double boiler, beat the egg whites and sugar initially at low speed and then high with a hand mixer, about 5 minutes until you get stiff and silky peaks, then continue beating outside the water bath until it cool, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a pastry bag and decorate the glasses or simply place it with a spoon, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve.
Keywords: lucuma dessert