For the lucuma pudding,
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 1 can evaporate milk
- 2 yolks
- 3/4 cup lucuma puree or 1/4 cup lucuma powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the meringue,
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Mix the egg yolks and cornstarch in a medium bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed, about 3 minutes.
- Place the condensed and evaporated milk and lucuma puree into a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Pour slowly and always whisk with a balloon whisk the egg yolks.
- Return the mixture to the pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until it boils. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes, constantly whisking. Place in individual glasses and leave to cool before putting the meringue.
- For the meringue, in a double boiler, beat the egg whites and sugar initially at low speed and then high with a hand mixer, about 5 minutes until you get stiff and silky peaks, then continue beating outside the water bath until it cools, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a pastry bag and decorate the glasses or place it with a spoon, sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove-cooked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: lucuma dessert