- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 / 2- 3 / 4 cup milk
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm.
- oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a pot with high walls and fill with 3 cm or 11/2 inch of oil. Must reach a temperature of 325F or 165C
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Add the cream and 1/2 cup of milk to the flour. Mix well; you want a thick batter. If it is too thick, add a little more milk. Test with one apple slice.
- Fry 3-4 slices simultaneously, no more. About 2 minutes per side until golden brown. Turn, repeat.
- Remove to a plate with paper towels. Serve immediately.
Cacique and Society Culinaria sponsored this recipe in 2017.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Buñuelos de manzana, Apple Fritters