- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 apples, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F. Butter an oven sheet or a half-sheet pan.
- Beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy—about 4 minutes. You can use the blender or beat it by hand. Add the eggs and beat until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and a pinch of salt and stir. Add flour with baking powder and beat until well combined. Crumbs will form; afterward, the apples provide the necessary humidity to form the dough.
- Add the apples, raisins, and chopped walnuts. Fold vigorously until the dough is formed.
- Pour onto a buttered sheet and press until the whole sheet is covered. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool, cut, and serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Pie
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Rustic Apple Kuchen, Apple Kuchen, Apple German Bars, German Apple Kuchen