Step by step, delicious recipe.
- 3 pounds of boneless pork shoulder or butt
- the juice of 3 oranges
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chipotle in adobo, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 flour or corn tortillas to serve
- chopped onion
- chopped cilantro
- Chop the pork into large pieces, place in a large pot. Add the orange juice, water, and salt.
- Cook over high heat until it boils. Reduce heat to medium, so it keeps boiling, leave semi-covered. Cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the liquid is reduced almost entirely.
- Remove the meat with its juice to a baking pan, let cool.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce. Place the chipotle peppers, onion, parsley, garlic, cumin, oregano, pepper, vinegar, and water in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Separate the meat into strands with two forks or by hand, discard the fat.
- In the same pot where the pork was cooked, heat over high heat two tablespoons of oil and add the sauce, cook for 10 minutes after the boil, to reduce. Add the shredded pork meat with their juices and cook 30 minutes over medium heat. It should boil and continue to thicken. Stir occasionally.
- Heat the tortillas on a griddle or skillet, leaving the tortilla lightly browned. Keep warm wrapped in a cloth, so they do not get tough.
- Serve the pork on a warm tortilla, sprinkle with onion and cilantro. Eat.
- Add avocado if desired.
Keywords: Pork tacos