- 2 pounds of chicken breasts with bone
- 1/4 onion, 1 carrot, and 1 stalk celery to cook the chicken
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional
- mustard, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices of white county bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- In a medium saucepan, place the chicken breasts, 1/4 onion, carrot, peeled, and one celery stalk or cilantro, salt, and pepper. Add water to cover everything.
- Cook over high heat until it boils. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Remove the skin and bone from the chicken breasts. Cut the meat into small cubes. Save the broth.
- Place in a bowl and add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, sesame seeds, and 1/4-1/2 cup broth. Stir well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Just before serving, toast or warm the bread.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Spoon out the halves onto a cutting board.
- Sliced thin —season with salt.
- Place the chicken salad on a slice of warm bread.
- With the help of the knife, place the avocado over the chicken. Close the sandwich and serve.
Recipe sponsored by Flatout Flatbread and SoCu.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Poultry
- Method: Stove cooked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Ave Palta, Chilean Chicken Avocado