Alfajores, Chilean Recipe are a traditional sweet in Chile, filled with dulce de leche or Huevo Mol.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons of milk (whole or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar (apple or white)
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- Dulce de Leche to fill
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Put flour in a large bowl.
- Add the egg yolks and work with a fork or your hands to form crumbs.
- Add the milk, vinegar, and melted butter.
- Form a dough, add water if necessary, one teaspoon at a time.
- Knead to a smooth dough, about 10 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let it rest, refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Roll thin and cut the Alfajores, prick with a fork, bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Fill with the Dulce de Leche once they are cool.
Keywords: chilean alfajores, chilean cookies