- 1 onion, chopped in half moon
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 pounds of red potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 1/2 pounds of beef cubed (Chuck roast, top sirloin)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 can (227 grams) of tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 red or white wine
- oil, salt
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, heat two tablespoons of oil over high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook while stirring for 5 minutes. Push the onion to one side.
- Place the cubed meat in the same pot and fry 3 minutes per side, until seared.
- Stir everything and add the salt, cumin, oregano, and paprika.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon of cold water in a small cup.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, dissolved cornstarch, and hot water to the pot. Stir and distribute well. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook covered for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the salt. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove cooked
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 115.3 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 29.2 g
Keywords: chilean beef stew, chilean cuisine