Learn the secrets for a great Chilean ceviche.
- 1/2 kilo of firm white fish (in Chile: sea bass, in the USA red snapper)
- 1/2 Spanish or yellow onion, chopped into tiny cubes
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves without stems
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- salt, pepper, and merkén if desired
- 5 lemons
- The previous night if you want to serve it for lunch or in the morning if it is for dinner. Wash the fish and cut it into small cubes of 1 cm per side. Place in a container and squeeze enough lemons to cover the fish. I used three.
- Before serving, put the fish in a large bowl and add the onion, pepper, paprika or Merkén, and cilantro — the juice of half a lemon, oil, and salt.
- Stir everything and taste. Adjust the seasoning. Serve cold.
Keywords: Chilean ceviche