- 1/2 kilo of firm white fish (in Chile: sea bass, in the USA red snapper)
- 1/2 Spanish or yellow onion, chopped into tiny cubes
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves without stems
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- salt, pepper, and merkén if desired
- 5 lemons
- The previous night if you want to serve it for lunch or in the morning if it is for dinner. Wash the fish and cut it into small cubes of 1 cm per side. Place in a container and squeeze enough lemons to cover the fish. I used three.
- Before serving, put the fish in a large bowl and add the onion, pepper, paprika or Merkén, and cilantro — the juice of half a lemon, oil, and salt.
- Stir everything and taste. Adjust the seasoning.
- Serve cold.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Raw
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 647.4 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 24.4 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: Chilean ceviche