- 1 liter (4 cups) of beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 125 grams or 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, place the broth and heat on medium-high heat. When it boils, reduce the heat to low, add cumin if you want, and let it simmer.
- Prepare the batter in a separate bowl. Separate the egg. Beat the egg white until soft peaks form, add the yolk, and beat until incorporated. Add onion, parsley, salt, and pepper, mix well, and sift over the flour with the baking powder. Stir with a spoon and add water until a moist dough forms (I used 1/8 cup or so).
- Add spoonfuls of the dough over the simmering broth and cook covered, boiling gently for 12-15 minutes.
- Test, adjust the seasoning, and serve hot sprinkled with parsley.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Machos ahogados, Chilean Dumpling Soup