- 4–5 pounds of boneless pork loin
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Merquén
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt (kosher salt)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place the pork in a roasting pan that can go in the oven. Dress with the juice of 2 lemons, salt, Merquén, oregano, and pepper.
- Turn and season the same way. Marinate for 1 hour, and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C. In a jar, place 1/4 cup of milk and dissolve the cornstarch. Add the remaining milk and make sure the cornstarch is well dissolved.
- Pour the milk over the pork and put it in the oven.
- Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Every 30 minutes, remove, stir the sauce and bathe the meat with the milk sauce.
- The meat should reach an internal temperature of 145F or 63C.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with the sauce if you want. The sauce should be light, not thick.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: Meat
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Lomo de Chancho en Leche, Milk Braised Pork Loin