A foundational Chilean flavor.
- 1/4 onion chopped very small (white or yellow onion)
- 1 bunch cilantro or 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1–2 Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili sauce, like Tabasco
- Chop the onion finely, can be placed in boiling water for 10 minutes, then wash with cold water to soften.
- Separate the stems of the cilantro leaves, discard the thicker stems. Chop all the rest very fine.
- Cut tomato into 4 and discard the seeds, chop the rest into small cubes
- Gather everything in a bowl and season. Stir well and taste, adjust the seasoning to taste.
- It is better rested in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- It can be done in the food processor, but chop everything separately to get the right texture.
- Serve with BBQ, empanadas, etc.
Keywords: Pebre Chilean Sauce