- 1 medium onion
- 2 potatoes
- ½ red pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 pound firm white fish or salmon
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 pound of fresh (or frozen) mussels or 250 g of canned mussels
- 1/2 pound of squid rings (calamari)
- ¾ white wine cup
- 5 cups broth of fish or vegetables
- Oil, salt, and pepper
- Wash the mussels carefully (if you use fresh mussels).
- Cut the onion, peel the potatoes and chop them into wedges, and cut the red pepper into cubes. Cut the fish into cubes.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, oregano, bay leaf, paprika, salt and pepper, cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, wine, and broth. Cook until it boils, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the fish and mussels. Cook for another 5 minutes. Discard any mussel that haven’t open. Fish and potatoes should be cooked.
- Add the shrimp and squid. Cook until the shrimp changes color.
- Serve hot, sprinkle with chopped parsley and accompany with lemon wedges.