- 500 grams of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt or 1 1/2 fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted lard
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, and stir well with a fork.
- In a bowl or jug, mix the warm water with the oil.
- Pour the oil mixture over the flour. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Form a soft dough and knead for 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes with the mixer (I use a KitchenAid).
- Cut the dough into six equal portions, then form rolls, and using a rolling pin, roll the dough until 13-15 cm in diameter and 0.5 cm thick.
- Cook in a hot skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, then flip and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Churrascas bread, quick bread