Easy, quick, and delicious coconut cookies.
- 115 grams of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 cups (200 grams) unsweetened grated coconut
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F. Prepare a baking sheet, cover with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until it is creamy, about 3 minutes with a fork, add the egg and beat until well integrated.
- Add the coconut, stir until well incorporated.
- Finally, add the flour with the baking powder, stir until it forms a sticky dough.
- Scoop out portions with a small ice cream scoop and crush lightly.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool over a rack for 10 minutes. Take out and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days, freeze for 3 months.
Keywords: coconut cookies