- 1 pound thin top sirloin steak
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half moons
- 2 raw corn, shelled or 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a medium skillet, dry and season the steak on both sides, brown it for 2 minutes per side, remove it to a plate, and let cool.
- In the same pan, cook the onion without adding more oil, occasionally stirring for 5-8 minutes, until it is cooked and begins to brown. Add the corn and chopped tomatoes with their juice. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the meat against the direction of the muscle fibers so that it is tender, and add the juices to the pan with the vegetables, stir and heat everything, and try and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately with cooked potatoes or white rice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Stewed
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 73.2 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 27.3 g
Keywords: summer beef stew, chilean tomatican, corn tomato beef stew