A classic in my house during the summer is the Tomaticán. And sometimes in winter, also with frozen corn and can tomatoes. I have always served boiled potatoes, white rice, or both, as my grandfather used to like.
You may also like the recipe: Chacarero sandwich.Print
Chilean Tomaticán: Corn, Tomato, and Beef Stew
An ode to the summer. Fabulous.
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound thin top sirloin steak
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut in half moons
- 2 raw corn, shelled or 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- In a medium skillet, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat, dry and season the steak on both sides, brown it 2 minutes per side, remove it to a plate, and let cool.
- In the same pan, cook the onion without adding more oil, occasionally stirring for 5-8 minutes, until it is cooked and begins to brown. Add the corn and chopped tomatoes with their juice. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the meat against the direction of the muscle fibers so that it is tender and add the juices to the pan with the vegetables, stir and heat everything, try and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately with cooked potatoes or white rice.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Stewed
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 258
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 73.2 mg
- Fat: 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 27.3 g
- Cholesterol: 67 mg
Keywords: summer beef stew, chilean tomatican, corn tomato beef stew
You can add Merken for sure, but I grew up close to Rancagua in the 80s. Merken was not even known.
Hola vivo en Houston me gustaría comprar tu comida y alfajores como lo hacemos
No vendo nada. Lo siento.
Soy chileno vivo en ?? Irlanda muchos años quiero cocinar comida ?? Chilena
Que bueno, cualquier duda me dejas un comentario.