- 1 onion
- 2 cans of white beans (I used BUSH’S Great Northern Beans)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of merken
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 flour tortillas
- Chop the onion into medium pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and brown for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the drained (but not rinsed) beans, vegetable stock, bay leaf, and 1/2 teaspoon merken.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Use the hand blender or the blender in batches. Blend the soup until creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 400C or 200F.
- Brush the tortillas with oil on both sides and sprinkle with merken. Cut into strips and place on a baking sheet without overlapping.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot bean cream with tortilla chips on top.
This was a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BUSH’S Beans on 2016. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Cream of Bean Soup, Crema de porotos blancos, white beans