- 1 can of Peach Halves Heavy Syrup (15.25 oz.) or Apricot Halves (15 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Dulce de Leche
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Drain the fruit. Place the halves in a baking dish, ramekins, or canning jars.
- Mix the dulce de leche with the pecans in a small bowl, and stir until well blended.
- Fill each half with a spoonful of the mixture of the dulce de leche and pecans.
- Prepare the meringue. Build a water bath in a large pot: put 3 inches of water, heat over high heat until it boils, and lower heat to low. Place the egg whites and sugar in a large bowl that can be placed on the pan without touching the water. Whisk with an electric mixer initially at low speed and then high, about 5 minutes until you see stiff peaks, then keep whisking out of the water bath until it cools down, about 5 minutes more. Using a pastry bag or a spoon, place a small dollop of meringue over each peach or apricot.
- Using the broil function of the oven, lightly brown the meringue. You should always stay close. The browning takes only 2-3 minutes.
- Serve within the next 2-3 hours if possible. Or refrigerate until serving.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Duraznos rellenos con manjar y nueces y meringue, Stuffed Peach