- 1 can of Dulce de Leche (380 grams), I used La Lechera
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
For the caramel sauce,
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Choose a glass or metal pan that can go in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Prepare the caramel sauce in a small saucepan, put in sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Lower the heat slightly and boil without stirring until it changes color and looks the color of tea.
- Meanwhile, place all remaining ingredients: Dulce de Leche, eggs, and milk in the blender. Blend until it is all mixed.
- When the caramel sauce is ready, carefully cover the walls of the pan.
- Blend the eggs, milk, and Dulce de Leche mixture and pour over the caramel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until is set. Let cool completely, then refrigerate.
- To take out of the pan, place the pan on hot water for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: dulce de leche, dulce de leche flan, flan de manjar, chilean flan