Today is “National Chilean Cuisine Day”, and I think this Easy Dulce de Leche Flan is a classic Chilean dessert perfect for celebrating. I always loved it and it is delicious. It brings so many happy memories from my aunt’s place, where fruits was never an acceptable dessert… (old times).
What I love about this dessert is that I usually have all the ingredients at home, so if I have guests for dinner I can do it in the morning and it’ll be perfectly cold at night.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
A fantastic dessert.
- 1 can of Dulce de Leche (380 grams), I used La Lechera
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
For the caramel sauce,
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Choose a glass or metal pan that can go in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Prepare the caramel sauce, in a small saucepan put in sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat until it begins to boil, lower the heat slightly and boil without stirring until it changes color and looks the color of tea.
- Meanwhile, place all remaining ingredients: Dulce de Leche, eggs and milk in the blender. Blend until it is all mixed.
- When the caramel sauce is ready, carefully cover the walls of the pan.
- Blend again the mixture of eggs, milk and Dulce de Leche and pour over the caramel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until is set. Let cool completely, then refrigerate.
- To take out of the pan, place the pan on hot water for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Keywords: dulce de leche, dulce de leche flan