- 1 cup of sweetened lucuma puree or 1/4 cup of powder lucuma with 1/2 cup of granulated
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the caramel:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- For the caramel: In a small pan, combine sugar and water. Place over medium heat and allow to boil. It’s a good idea to ensure the walls of the container are wet so that sugar does not crystallize on them later. Allow to simmer until a pale to medium caramel. Keep an eye on the pan because it tends to burn quickly. When it’s the same color as tea, it’s ready.
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Using the blender, combine lucuma puree, milk, and eggs.
- Once the caramel is ready, add it to the pan. Turn carefully to cover the walls.
- Blend the mix of eggs again if this has separated. Pour this mix of milk, Lucuma, and eggs over the caramel.
- Bake until set and firm, 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, unmold, and serve. Keep refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Lucuma Leche Asada