- 100 grams of chuño (potato flour, potato starch in the US)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 125 grams of butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- walnuts or almonds to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- In a bowl, beat the butter with the sifted powdered sugar until a creamy paste is formed. Add the egg and mix. Add the vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour, chuño, and baking powder together. Incorporate to form a soft and smooth dough.
- Scoop out walnut-sized portions with a spoon and place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Place an almond in the center and press gently.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edge begins to brown.
- Let rest for 3 minutes, remove to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 inutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Galletas de chuño, Chilean potato starch cookies