A delicious treat, a Chilean version of a float.
- 2 espressos (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups whole milk, cold
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar (for milk)
- 1 cup of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of liquid whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar (for the whipped cream)
- sprinkles, maraschino, optional
- The first thing is to make the espressos and mix them with cold milk and sugar. Try, if you like sweeter, add more sugar, refrigerate, but consider that ice cream is always sweet.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer to make it easy to serve.
- Beat the cream by hand or with a mixer. When it starts to make waves, about 2 minutes, add the tablespoon of granulated sugar and continue beating until the cream is Chantilly and has soft peaks. Remember that the cream whipped better if everything: the bowl, the mixer paddles, and the cream itself are very cold.
- In long glasses or glasses, serve 1/4 cup of vanilla ice cream, add the cold coffee milk to almost the edge of the glass, leave 1 cm. free and add the whipped cream.
- Serve immediately. Decorate with sprinkles and a maraschino if desired.
To calculate nutritional information, I used whole milk. And I did not include the sprinkles or maraschinos.
Keywords: Chilean Iced Coffee, Café Helado