An easy and delicious dessert.
- 1 can (12 fl oz) of evaporated milk, refrigerated the night before
- 1 can (14 oz) of refrigerated condensed milk
- 3/4 cup of lemon juice, I use a nice floral variety called Meyer
- 1 packet of powdered gelatine (7 grams)
- freshly boiled water
- Cool the bowl and the blades of the mixer for 5 minutes in the freezer.
- Put the evaporated milk and beat at high speed for 3 minutes or until it doubles its size and looks like Chantilly cream and forms waves. This is the most important step for the consistency of the dessert. If you can cover the mixer since this splashes a lot.
- Beating at low speed, add the condensed milk and lemon juice, reserve one finger of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the reserved lemon juice and stir, add 1/2 cup of freshly boiled water, stir for 30 seconds or until all the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add to the mixture beating at low speed.
- Beat everything for one more minute to make sure it is well mixed.
- Pour into the trifle or ramekins, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve cold.
Keywords: Lemon froth, lemon dessert, lemon bavarois