An iconic Chilean sandwich.
for the meat,
- 4 lb. of pork loin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 cups boiling water
- Challah buns
- Avocado, tomato, mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, sauerkraut
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat, brown the roast on all sides in order to seal in the juices. Sear 2-3
minutes per side.
- Add salt, oregano, paprika, and chopped onion on top then spread mustard and add hot water.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 1½ hours, or on very low heat for the same time on the stove.
- Allow cooling completely. Cut the meat into thin slices.
- For the sandwiches: Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the toasted bread, layer the meat (be generous) and top with your favorite toppings: most traditional is tomato and mashed avocado. Refer to the pictures for inspiration.