A classic appetizer, delicious with white wine.
- 2 cans (4-6 oz each) of Machas (Chilean razor clams or surf clams)
- 3 slices of Havarti or Muenster cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- a trickle of heavy cream, optional
- butter, optional
- Preheat the oven broiler to maximum temperature.
- Clean the Machas removing the bag with sand.
- Put the Machas in a dish that can go to the oven, add the wine, salt, cream, butter in small pieces, and pepper to taste. Cover with Havarti cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese begins to brown. Take out carefully; it will be scorching and serve immediately with country bread.
Keywords: Machas, Parmesan machas, Razor clams with melted cheese