- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500 grams of ground beef (1 pound)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 carrots, diced and 1/2 red pepper without seeds chopped, optional
- 1 can diced tomatoes (about 400 grams)
- 1 can tomato sauce (225 grams)
- few sprigs of oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, heat to medium-high heat the oil. Add the meat and separate it with a spoon to cover the entire pan when hot. Season with salt and pepper, and let it brown for 3-5 minutes without mixing. Turn and brown on the other side for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the finely chopped onion, carrots, and pepper (if used) and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, and add fresh or dried oregano.
- Test, adjust the seasoning, let simmer covered for 5-10 minutes or more, add the tablespoon of butter and stir well before serving.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Meat
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Tuco de carne, Chilean Style Meat Sauce