- 1 box of noodles shells (340 grams)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 200 grams of cheddar or gouda, grated or cubed
- salt, pepper, oil
- In a large pot, put a lot of water and add salt and a little oil. Heat over high heat, and once it is boiling, add the noodles, stir and cook following the package instructions. Stir occasionally.
- Once cooked, drain and leave in the pot.
- In another small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, add the flour and stir until it forms a dough. Stir in the milk gradually and always whisking to form a sauce without lumps.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and continue stirring until it boils. Add the chopped or grated cheese and stir until the cheese melts and forms a sauce.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour over cooked noodles and stir everything.
- Reheat if necessary, adding a little milk or cream.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean