A quick easy to make and delicious Chilean chicken stew.
- 4–5 chicken legs
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- oil, salt, and pepper
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and reserve on a plate.
- Dissolve the Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon in hot water.
- In the same skillet brown the onion, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, pepper, garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the tomato broth and frozen peas.
- Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes over medium heat until the chicken is cooked.
Keywords: chicken stew, pollo arvejado, peas and carrots chicken stew