Sponsored post: Peas and carrots Chicken Stew by Mirum Shopper. All opinions are my own.
Pollo Arvejado or Peas and Carrots Chicken Stew is a classic Chilean comfort dish, popular year-round. My aunt makes one that is especially delicious, one of her signature dishes. It is also a handy recipe, fast and always tasty.
It represents very well the characteristics of Latin food. Traditionally in Chile, it is served accompanied by white rice or boiled potatoes. I’ve always liked more with rice, I love how the rice absorbs the broth of the chicken and vegetables.
My grandmother would sometimes add fresh tomatoes during the summer to her Peas and carrot chicken stew, and she always put a bouillon cube dissolved in water. Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon is perfect and convenient, easy to keep at hand.
And enjoy this classic Chilean recipe!
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
- 4–5 chicken legs
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- oil, salt, and pepper
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and reserve on a plate.
- Dissolve the Knorr Caldo de Tomate Bouillon in hot water.
- In the same skillet brown the onion, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, pepper, garlic, and fry for 1 minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the tomato broth and frozen peas.
- Cover and cook for 25-30 minutes over medium heat until the chicken is cooked.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Savory
- Method: Stewed
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 454.1 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 28.1 g
- Cholesterol: 115.7 mg
Keywords: chicken stew, pollo arvejado, peas and carrots chicken stew