- 5 medium red potatoes cooked, peeled, and cut into cubes
- 1/2 red pepper diced small
- 2 carrots, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup peas cooked
- 5 thinly sliced scallions, white part and the beginning of the green
- 1 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 small chopped apple, optional
- Cook the potatoes in cold salted water. When it boils, cook covered for 15-20 minutes or until you can pass through easily with a table knife. Drain and cover with cold water.
- Chop and cook the carrots and peas separately in the microwave or a small saucepan until barely cooked or “al dente.”
- Chop the scallions, celery, and apple.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into small cubes. Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a vinaigrette according to personal taste: I suggest using some Dijon or yellow mustard, oil, vinegar, and salt. Mix well. Dress the salad and stir well.
- Add mayonnaise, about two tablespoons, stir and taste, and adjust the seasoning.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Ensalada Rusa, Potato Salad