- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1–2 teaspoons of water if needed
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Grease the baking pan.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl, and stir well.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter, and vanilla with a fork for 30 seconds until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients, stir with a fork at first, and then knead by hand until dough is smooth and firm. Add water one teaspoon at a time if necessary, and knead for 5 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 12 or 8 portions, shape them round, and then cut crosswise each top with a knife and brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes until golden on top and bottom.
- Let cool slightly, and serve with butter.
Pan de Huevo gets hard quickly. You can freeze it for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: bread
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Pan de huevo, Chilean sweet rolls