- 3 zucchinis
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, optional
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 slices of bread soaked in milk
- 3 eggs, separated yolks and whites
- 4 slices of cheese
- You can use a skillet or pot that can go in the oven and save some washing.
- In a skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat and fry the onion until it is translucent about 5 minutes, add garlic finely chopped or passed through the press, cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the chopped zucchini thinly sliced. Cook until zucchini is tender and just cooked through, about 8-10 minutes, season and taste. Turn off the heat.
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F.
- Drain any milk left on the soaked bread, add the egg yolks and combine. It should resemble a paste.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add the egg yolks and bread mixture to the zucchini, and mix well.
- Add the egg whites, fold carefully.
- Cover with slices of cheese and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Oven-baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 200.2 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 75.9 mg
Keywords: zucchini cheese casserole