- 4 zucchini or summer squash
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Grate the squashes. You can use a box grater or a food processor like I did.
- Place the grated squashes on a clean kitchen towel, close, and squeeze.
- Mix the eggs, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and beat with a fork for 1 minute until slightly foamy.
- Mix the beaten egg with squeezed grated squashes.
- In a medium skillet, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the squash mixture and flatten slightly.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 30-35 minutes until the surface is almost 100% cooked. Learn to recognize the difference if you do not have experience touching the frittata several times during cooking.
- Broil in the oven for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it.
- Cut and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Tortilla de zapallitos, Chilean Zucchini Frittata