This zucchini frittata is delicious and very easy to do. I had already told you before I made the frittatas. on the stove over a low flame, broil them in the oven. I do not flip them half-cooked because I’m afraid to break them.
If you like a more fluffy frittata, separate the eggs, beat the egg whites, and then incorporate them into the yolks and zucchinis mixture. The frittata was even better reheated the next day.
This is a fantastic way to use the abundance of summer squashes and zucchinis during summer.
Visit our collection of Chilean vegetables here.Print
- 4 zucchini or summer squash
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Grate the squashes. You can use a box grater or a food processor like I did.
- Place the grated squashes on a clean kitchen towel, close, and squeeze.
- Mix the eggs, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and beat with a fork for 1 minute until slightly foamy.
- Mix the beaten egg with squeezed grated squashes.
- In a medium skillet, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the squash mixture and flatten slightly.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 30-35 minutes until the surface is almost 100% cooked. Learn to recognize the difference if you do not have experience touching the frittata several times during cooking.
- Broil in the oven for 5 minutes. Keep an eye on it.
- Cut and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Tortilla de zapallitos, Chilean Zucchini Frittata