My family loves going to Rodizios or Brazilian barbecue restaurants. The meats are delicious, the salads are unique, and they inspired me to recreate a homemade version of Brazilian BBQ Rodizio.
At the Meat counter, explain to the butcher what are you planning: The thickness, marbling, and fat are crucial to make a juicy Picanha!Print
Grilled Picanha Brazilian BBQ
Try this cut at home.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 Picanha steaks or Strip steak with fat still attached, 1″ thick
- Coarse sea salt
- Rock sea salt
- Preheat the grill to the maximum temperature (my grill is gas).
- The meat must be at room temperature to give it the proper shape. Roll, use the pictures as a guide, and secure it using a Brazilian-style meat skewer.
- Salt both sides of the meat liberally with coarse sea salt. Then press the rock sea salt to form a crust.
- Place on the grill, do not move for 2 minutes and flip. The vast majority of rock salt will fall. Cook for 10-14 minutes, depending on whether you want it medium rare or medium. Flip it a couple of times. Scrape the steaks gently with a knife to loosen any pieces of rock salt still attached.
- Let stand for 5 minutes covered. Cut into thin slices against the grain to serve. Enjoy your Brazilian BBQ Rodizio!
This was a sponsored recipe by Kroger (2018).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Meat
- Method: BBQ
- Cuisine: Brazilian
Keywords: Grilled Picanha, Brazilian BBQ
Leave a Reply