Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.Print
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2–3 sticks of celery chopped
- 1 medium potato, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups coarsely chopped lettuce or spinach or swiss chard
- bunch of parsley or cilantro
- salt, oil, pepper
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat, add the onion, and fry until transparent, about 5 minutes, add the carrot and celery, sauté 3 minutes more, add the lettuce/spinach/ swiss chard and stir for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper.
- Add cold water, about 3-4 cups. The vegetables don’t need to be submerged. Only make sure that the pot does not dry out.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer gently for 10 minutes until carrots and potatoes are cooked and can pass through easily with a fork, puree in the blender slowly (start with just a cup and keep adding the rest little by little) or puree with a stick blender in the pot.
- Test, and adjust the seasoning.
- You should get a very thick cream, dilute it with water to the consistency you like, and always re-adjust the seasoning.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Cream of vegetables Soup, crema de verduras