Cauliflower is trendy today, but these fried cauliflowers have always been part of the Chilean home cuisine.
Cauliflower fritters bring back many memories for me, the truth is as a kid I did not like them at all, I was one picky eater, but after moving out for college I learned to appreciate my family cooking. After marrying, I stopped cooking cauliflower because my husband does not like it, or he thought that, but little by little I have been making him come around and we enjoyed these cauliflowers fritters together.
I recommend cutting the cauliflower into slices instead of “trees”, the flat edges make it easier to marinate and fry the cauliflower evenly.
for 4 people
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil for frying, I used sunflower oil
- lemons and green onions or parsley to serve
- Wash and dry the cauliflower and cut it into slices 1/2 inch thick. Cut the stem out.
- Cook the cauliflower on a plate for 5 minutes in the microwave, if you like your cauliflower al dente, you can skip this step.
- Prepare the batter: beat the eggs add the flour, Parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cover each slice in the batter and fry 4-5 minutes per side, until golden.
- Remove to a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Serve with chopped chives and lemon.
This recipe is part of a compensated campaign in collaboration with Kikkoman® and Latina Bloggers Connect. I received compensation and products for its realization. The recipe and all opinions are mine and have not been edited by others.