For nice Gelatin Oranges choose oranges that are rounder and with beautiful skin, they should feel heavier than they look and not be soft.
Tip: if you want to coordinate your plates with the colors of a party just buy a cool scrapbooking paper, cut the appropriate size to cover your dishes and then cut a sheet of transparent plastic the same size and place it on top. See the pictures. So the food does not stain the paper.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
- 4 oranges
- 4 packages of gelatin (3oz or 85 gr.) your favorite flavor or one that coordinates with your party
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water
- Cut the oranges in half from pole to pole.
- With a sharp-edged spoon and carefully take out the orange sections.
- Place each half orange peel on the muffins pan, one in each cup.
- Boil the water.
- In a bowl or jug with spout put the gelatin and add boiling water, stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, approximately one minute.
- Pour the liquid into each orange half and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Cut each half into 3 or 4 orange slices.