Learn to make this delicious Honey Pound Cake.
Honey pound or bundt cakes are not very popular here in the USA, but I grew up eating them in Chile and love them. This recipe came from a dear friend. It is a family recipe and delicious.
You must use honey you like because the cake will have that flavor. I like wildflower honey.
Usually, it is well-rounded and not intense. The other important thing is that the cake grows a lot in the oven, so do not fill the mold beyond half, or they overflow. You can also bake it as muffins.
You may also want to make the recipe: Queque de nuez or Walnut Pound Cake.
- 1 cup honey
- 118 grams of butter unsalted
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup warm milk (20 seconds in the microwave on high)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white
- a pinch of salt or 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C or 350F.
- Pour the honey into a glass Pyrex bowl, add butter, and heat in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir well (for 1 minute). This should melt all the butter and mix it with honey. If it is necessary, heat 20 seconds more. Or do the same in a small pan.
- With a mixer, beat eggs on medium speed until frothy, about 2 minutes. Add the honey and melted butter, milk, salt, and vinegar.
- Beat on low speed until mixed. Add the flour with the baking powder and pour over the batter. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute. At first, the dough will look lumpy. Keep beating until it is homogenous and looks like a batter.
- Pour into a buttered pan. You may use a long-pound cake pan or a bundt cake pan or make 12 muffins. Just remember not to fill the pan. Leave at least an inch free at the top.
- Bake 45-50 minutes for large cakes or 25-28 minutes for muffins. Test with a stick. It should come out dry.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, remove from the pan, and let cool completely.
- You can save it in a bag for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: honey bundt cake, honey cake, Chilean queque de miel