Inspired by my beloved Iced Coffee I made Iced Chocolate, Chilean style for my daughters. What it’s not to love: chocolate milk, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. The perfect after school treat or mid-afternoon snack.
Of course it was a huge success with my girls and they want this to become a tradition.
You can prepare the chocolate milk (or used a store bought one) and the whipped cream in advance.Leave the ice cream on top of the counter for 10 minutes for easy scoping.
I hope you like it. Of course you can adapt it to taste: more or less ice cream, cream, etc. And do not forget the chocolate sprinkles to decorate.
Iced Chocolate, Chilean recipe
- 3 oz. of dark chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- chocolate sprinkles to decorate
- In a small saucepan, place the chopped chocolate, cocoa and sugar. Stir.
- Add 1/4 cup of milk and cook over medium heat, stirring until all the chocolate is melted.
- Turn off heat and add the remaining milk, stir well to incorporate.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Stir before using.
- Whip the cream in a cold bowl with a mixer for a few minutes, when you start seeing soft peaks add 2 teaspoons of sugar (if desire) and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- To serve: place in each glass a cup chocolate milk, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a scoop of whipped cream.
- Decorate with sprinkles and serve immediately.