This Lucuma Pound Cake is flavored with Lucuma puree. My American friends commented on how much the flavor resembles the taste of the dulce de leche. I served it with a citrus salad: pink grapefruit, oranges, mandarins, and Meyer lemons with honey and mint. It was a very successful combination.
You can buy Lucuma powder at Amazon, replace the Lucuma puree with 1/3 cup of Lucuma powder, and add 1/2 cup of brown sugar to the recipe.
Visit our collection of Lucuma recipes here.Print
- 200 grams of softened butter (if using unsalted add 1/2 teaspoon to the dough)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup lucuma puree (use Guallarauco) or 1/3 cup lucuma powder and 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C. Butter a pound cake mold 9 “x 5” or 12 x 23 cm.
- In a large bowl with a mixer, beat butter until creamy, like mayonnaise. Add sugar and beat until pale, about 2 minutes. Add lucuma puree and beat until well incorporated.
- Add eggs, one and then the other, beating until fully incorporated in between. Add vanilla and salt, if using, and beat until a homogeneous mixture, 1 minute more.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat until well incorporated throughout.
- Place dough in a greased cake pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until golden and a stick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, unmold cold, cut, and serve.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Chilean
Keywords: Queque de lúcuma, Chilean Lucuma Pound Cake