We are in the middle of World Cup fever, I love soccer, I’ve always enjoyed watching the games. Often we invite friends to watch the games of Chile, other Latin countries or USA. For one of these parties I did this trifle for dessert: easy to make and very attractive, it also travels very well if you have to bring a dessert to another house.
It is important that the meringues are not in contact with the cream so doesn’t?get wet and mushy.
Visit our collection of?Chilean recipes here.
Strawberry Meringue Trifle
- 500 grams of strawberries (1 pound)
- 500 grams of blueberries (1 pound)
- 1 vanilla?pound?cake
- 12 little meringue?(Trader’s Joe are my favorite)
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Wash and dry the trifle dish so it is very clean,?without streaks.
- Cut 6-8 strawberries into slices and line the bottom of the trifle. Only the outer edge.
- Chop the cake into cubes and place it on the middle.
- Beat the cream in a cold bowl at high speed when soft waves begin to form, add sugar while beating at low speed. Continue beating until hard peaks forms.
- Working with a spatula add the lemon?curd and fold it in.
- Cover the cake cubes with the cream.
- Place another?outer?layer of strawberry slices?and also a layer on top of the cream (as seen in the pictures).
- Place the crushed meringue on top of the strawberries and choose three strawberries, cut them in half to form the star at the center.
- Cover the entire surface with blueberries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve cold.