This is a basic Chilean Bundt Cake recipe to do with what we have at home, fast and cheap.
I decorated to celebrate the birthday of my youngest last week, for her party I made a cake, but I wanted something special and beautiful to sing happy birthday the REAL day.
You can add many ingredients put cocoa and chocolate, add poppy seeds, chopped or ground nuts, chocolate chips … I hope you enjoy.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Basic Chilean Bundt Cake
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature, or oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon zest or orange zest, optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk or yogurt, vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Butter and then flour a cake pan, shake a few times to dump the excess flour.
- In a large bowl with a fork, beat the butter and sugar until it forms a paste, add an egg, stir in a circular motion until you get fully mix, add the other egg, repeat.
- Add a pinch of salt, vanilla, and zest if using. Stir well.
- Add 1 cup flour and baking powder, stir gently with a circular motion 5 times.
- Add the milk and continue stirring until creamy.
- Add the remaining flour and stir gently until incorporated. Do not stir too much.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and a stick bury in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool outside the oven for 10 minutes, turn over a rack to unmold.
- If you want to decorate it, wait until completely cold.
- Store tightly wrapped for up to 3 days. Also, it can be cut into pieces and freeze for up to 2 months.
For the glace,
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, lemon or almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
In a small bowl mix everything until desired consistency. Spoon drop on the cold cake and sprinkle with colored sprinkles, chocolate or chopped nuts.