To say goodbye to October and the challenge of Chilean sandwiches at BRBC, I did a Chemilico.
I recommend this sandwich, is not as well known as the Chacarero, but delicious and filling with golden onions and a fried egg on top … the creaminess of the yolk when you bite is heaven. And the sweetness of the onions really complements the meat.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Chilean Chemilico sandwich
for 2 people
- 2 thin steaks (top sirloin)
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 rolls
- Chop onion into many half-moon.
- In a nonstick skillet place 1 tablespoon of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until cooked and lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally. Remove to a plate, keep warm.
- Season the steaks.
- In the same skillet, heat oil over high heat and cook the steak seared, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Toast the bread open.
- Make sunny side up eggs.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing bottom half of bread, meat, onion and finish with a fried egg, close with the other half and serve immediately.