To say goodbye to October and the challenge of Chileans sandwichs at BRBC, I did a Chemilico.
I recommend this sandwich, is not as well known as the Chacarero, but delicious and filling with golden onions and a fried egg on top … the creaminess of the yolk when you bite is heaven.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
Chemilico, Chilean Sandwich
for 2 people
- 2 thin steaks (top sirloin)
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 rolls
- Chop onion into half moon.
- In a nonstick skillet place 1 tablespoon of oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until cooked and lightly golden. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally. Remove to a plate, keep warm.
- Season the steaks.
- In the same skillet, heat oil over high heat and cook the steak seared, about 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Toast the bread open.
- Make sunny side up eggs.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing bottom half of bread, meat, onion and finish with a fried egg, close with the other half and serve immediately.