This Kolaches (Chaparritas) are a beloved snack sandwich in Chile, very portable and delicious.
Visit our collection of Chilean recipes here.
for 12 Chaparritas
- for the dough follow Hilmar recipe for Vienna bread, the recipe is in English and very well explained. There is a translate option on the right column.
- 12 hotdog
- Follow Hilmar’s recipe through step 4, then divide the dough into 12 portions, it is best to weigh them to make sure they are all equal portions.
- Then in step 5, when you give shape to the pieces of bread, before rolling placed inside the hotdog and then close pinching the dough together.
- Continue with the following steps, leavening and all.
- Bake at 175C or 350F for 25-30 minutes or until golden
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.